Request a quote:
“The art of mastering life is the prerequisite for all further forms of expression.”
Swiss artist Paul Klee was born on December 18th, 1879. Art played a strong role since his childhood, particularly music. He studied in Munich, Germany, and later settled in Bern, Switzerland. After marrying pianist Lily Stumpf, they moved to Munich again. There he met great avant-garde artists, such as Jawlensky, Kandinsky, Marc and Macke, and successfully exposed his work. During his travels, he gained revelatory insights and art influences. In Paris, he met Delaunay and became more familiar with Braque’s and Picasso’s work. In Tunisia, he fell in love with colour, making it a core point of his art afterwards.
Klee was a teacher at the acclaimed Bauhaus School from 1921 to 1936, both in Weimar and Dessau. During this time, he grew closer to Kandinsky and Feininger. His art was being recognized and exhibited in the United States and France, as well as Germany. When the Nazis closed the Bauhaus in 1933, Klee moved back to Switzerland, where he passed away on June 29th, 1940.
Paul Klee painted Fruits on Red (original title in German: Früchte auf Rot) in 1930 in Dessau, where Klee had moved from Weimar with the Bauhaus. The delicate, constructed architectonics of this artwork ideally exemplifies Klee’s insight into the anatomy of the objects.
The original painting is at the Lenbachhaus in Munich, Germany. You can now have this fine rug made by hand for you, in your desired custom size. Numbered limited edition (maximum 100 rug pieces with this artwork).
For environmental reasons and to provide our full bespoke service, our rugs are always made to order. Your rug is much more exclusive than a limited edition. It is a unique masterpiece of handcraft realized completely for you only.
Delivery time for this rug is between 10 and 12 weeks.
- Technique: Handtufted or Tibetan handknotted in 150 knots per square inch.
- Material: Tencel™, linen, semi-worsted wool or New Zealand wool
Please note that the sizes are not exact to the centimetre and there is always a 3% variation margin in sizes and colours, due to the completely handmade process and natural materials.
Paul Klee – Fruits on Red
Custom Bauhaus Art Rug
- Original artwork.
- Completely handmade process.
- Delivery time 10-12 weeks.
- Custom rug made to order.
- Numbered Limited Edition 100 units.
- Handtufted or Tibetan handknotted rug 150 kpsi.
- Tencel™, linen, semi-worsted wool or New Zealand wool.
- Office based in Munich, Germany.
- Hand-dyed and hand-woven in India.
- When you purchase a handmade carpet from Rug Your Life, Label STEP Fair Trade Partner, you help improve the lives of the people who created it.